Graphic Designer (1 year contract)
The graphic designer will be responsible for producing creative graphic artwork for different media outputs such as visual material layouts for print media, websites, posters, flyers and social media platforms to meet the marketing objectives for our clients.
- Develop effective graphics and ad materials to support marketing initiatives.
- Follow project from concept to final approval ensuring integrity of creative concept is kept in focus throughout.
- Ensures proper sign off process-proofreads and verifies content & specs for all projects assigned.
- Work with clients in a professional manner.
- Work effectively with outside suppliers such as photographers and printers when required.
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field of design and be familiar with industry marketing programs.
- Organizing daily requests and projects.
- Communicating with manager and clients on design project needs and requests.
- Problem solving and taking design feedback from coworkers.
- A degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- 2 or more years’ experience in graphic design in a marketing environment.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Strong proficiency and experience in HTML 5 and the Adobe Creative Suite–Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong command of the English language.
- During critical project timelines some overtime hours and/or assistance with production work will be required
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Front end development would be considered a strong assets as well.
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online.
- Working knowledge of photography basics.
- Must posses an understanding of advertising, print and web based, interactive communications and marketing.
- Must be self motivated and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Problem solver and has an excellent sense of establishing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and listening skills
- Conceptual and creative thinker with energy and passion for design
- Ability to work individually, as part of the team while remaining deadline focused.
- Ability to quickly react to and adapt to sudden changes with initiative and creativity.
- Respond to clients via email and telephone
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Strong graphic design and typographical skills along with great attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadline-driven task/projects in a fast paced environment.
This position is available only to a university or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate from a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first fulltime employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
– University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
– Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
– The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
– Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
– Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application via the form below by 4 PM on Friday April 26, 2019, 2019
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This position is conditional on approval of (NOHFC) Internship funding.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: